UNILEAD is enabling young management-level professionals at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges. In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Financing and Investment and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
UNILEAD focuses on three key areas:
- Project Management (PM). This includes courses on Strategic Management in Projects, Methodology of Project Management and Risk Management.
- Financing and Investment (F&I). This includes general financing strategies, operating with financial plans, control of solvency as well as the knowledge and use of investment tools and concepts.
- Human Resource Management (HRM). This includes courses on Instruments of Human Resource Development, Leadership, Conflict Management and Communication.
In order to complement these three modules, additional topics, such as Team Competences, Quality Management, and Leadership, are touched upon.
At the heart of the entire programme is an individual and practice-oriented change project that participants are required to propose already in their application. Course content will always reflect on and relate to these change projects.
The methodology will be strictly project oriented and is based on case studies or questions derived from the particular job situation of the participants. Thus, it is expected to bring in personal experience and to share this knowledge with the group of around 25 participants from different regions of the world. High personal motivation, the willingness to get actively involved during the online and contact phases and excellent English language skills are essential for the successful completion of this course.
Using a blended learning approach, UNILEAD is structured in two on-site contact phases at the University of Oldenburg, Germany, and two trainer guided online phases.
UNILEAD is targeting higher education managers from developing countries. The two key criteria are:
- Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities for at least two years in one of the following fields:
o Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education, etc.).
o Task force managers for university reform projects.
o Managers of staff development units or programmes.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
Further criteria are:
- Applicants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset
Strict closing date of the application is October, 16th, 2017, 11:59 Central European Summer Time.
Please find details for a successful application in the official call:
- 60 years (1)
- Administration (1)
- Admission (1)
- Celebrations (1)
- Chulalongkorn University (1)
- computerscience (1)
- DAAD (1)
- DAAD Thailand (2)
- degree (1)
- DIES (1)
- EMJMD (1)
- Erasmus Mundus (1)
- Erasmus+ (1)
- Europe (1)
- fellowship (1)
- German Language (2)
- German Studies (3)
- hagen (1)
- high school (1)
- Higher Education (1)
- HSK (2)
- IB (1)
- IC Bangkok (1)
- International Baccalaureate (1)
- Internationalisation (1)
- kmutnb (4)
- Management (1)
- master studies (1)
- Newsletter (1)
- phd (1)
- recognition (1)
- research (2)
- Scholarship (1)
- Scholarships (2)
- school (1)
- School Certificate (1)
- study in Germany (3)
- summer courses (1)
- tggs (2)
- Thammasat University (1)
- training (1)
- UNILEAD (1)
- VTD (1)
- website (1)
Mo.: 10:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:00
We.:10:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:00
Fr.: 10:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:00
In 2017 our office will be closed on:
February 13, March 1, 10
April 6, 13-14, 17
May 1, 10, 12
July 10, 11, 28
October 3, 13, 23 November 10, 13
December 5, 11
and from December 25, 2017
to January 2, 2018