Here, you find a short introduction of the German Department of Silpakorn University Nakhon Pathom. The bachelor programme in German studies is one of the largest and most successful in Thailand.
Silpakorn University was established by Professor Silpa Bhirasri, as a University for the Fine Arts in 1943, later the Faculty of Painting and Sculpture, the Faculty of Thai Architecture, the Faculty of Archaeology and the Faculty of Decorative Arts had been developed.
Due to a lack of space the Sanam Chandra Palace Campus was established in Nakhon Pathom Province. In 1968 The German Department was established by Prof. Dr. Chetana Nakwatchara. He was one of the first-generation professors at the Faculty of Arts, who suggested that German should to be one independent department. Therefore, he is regarded as the founding father of the German Department. Currently about 150 students are studying German, major and minor, at the German Department. The lecturers include five Thai and one German native as well as a German intern.
Contact: Felix Pülm:email@example.com